By Roberta Scherf | Autism Parenting Magazine | Issue 78
“Twenty-five years ago, I gave birth to the most amazing little girl in the history of the world. She was perfect in every way, and we were crazy in love with her. But Rowan didn’t want to be touched or held.”
By Tim Tooten | November 3, 2017
“Keeping students focused on learning, Norwood Elementary School in Baltimore has been using MeMoves for 5 years in their classrooms. “I get, like, focused when I do this and once I get back to my seat, I learn. I really learn,” said Erika, a third grader.”
“MeMoves is a fantastic resource that should be in every classroom. I consistently recommend MeMoves to hundreds of teachers, social workers, clinicians, mental health, and occupational therapists. In just a few minutes a day…anyone struggling with anxiety, trauma and or sensory processing issues will see improved learning outcomes and regulation of behaviors and nervous system functions necessary for effective learning.”— Dr. William Steele
Released March 2017, “Optimzing Learning Outcomes” MeMoves is the entire focus of chapter three.
By Routledge | 2017
2010 Parent’s Choice Gold Award
From coffee shops to conference rooms, the fascinating connections between mind and body are being talked about more and more. Me Moves’ selfless and passionate creators, Roberta Scherf and Chris Bye, have put the connections to work – again. Simply stated, Me Moves has become a game changer in many homes. Although we did not conduct, and therefore cannot cite research, we can refer to words that families have used to describe Me Moves; words that include calming, transforming, unprecedented focus, accomplishment, and magical.
It is innovative, intelligent and intriguing. Fascinating, captivating, and utterly absorbing, this simply elegant production of movement and music is devoid of bells and whistles, and loaded with wisdom and clarity. Narration is neither needed, nor present. Me Moves is a treasure.
2010 Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award
The activities work like magic to focus a group of busy children (or adults)….
CTR’s Editor’s Choice Award is given to “only the highest quality children’s products in the interactive media category. These are “no fail” products, worthy of their cost.”
2011 National Parenting Publication Gold Award
- Autism Parenting Magazine – Issue 78
- WBAL-TV 11 Baltimore – November 3, 2017
- WCCO-TV 4 Twin Cities – October 3, 2017
- The Paul & Jordana Show – September 26, 2017
- Forbes – August 19, 2014
- RAIR Symposium Blog – May 8, 2014
- Mindful Magazine – December 2013, Print Edition
- Parents Magazine – November 2012, Print Edition
- KTVI FOX St. Louis – May 10, 2012
- WMAR ABC Baltimore – March 21, 2012
- Baltimore Sun – March 1, 2012
- KPHP CBS Phoenix – October 3, 2011
- KARE NBC – February 10, 2011
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel – January 11, 2011
- St. Paul Pioneer Press – December 27, 2010
- Minneapolis Star Tribune – October 16, 2010
- Closing the Gap – August/September 2010